The successful candidate must have C++, .NET (C#) programming skills, System programming with C++, Java and Related Technologies (with complete understanding of Object Oriented Programming Paradigm), UNIX/Linux expertise, and excellent shell scripting (Unix Shell, Linux Shell, Perl scripts) and Database Programming (Sybase, Oracle) skills.
The selected candidate will be responsible for working with Technology and Financial Engineering personnel to test and validate Analytics models, as well as develop and enhance tools used for monitoring, testing and reporting on these processes.
Qualified candidates must possess a four-year college degree with a preferred major in Computer Science. The candidate must be a team player, be self-motivated, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. In addition, the ability to manage projects and work in a team environment will be critical to being successful in this role. Quant and Analytics skills and experience in the Securities Industry, preferably Fixed Income, is a plus.
Pacific Investment Management Company (*PIMCO*) is a leading institutional money manager with more than $1.1 trillion in assets under management. PIMCO was established in 1971 to offer separate account management services primarily for employee benefit plans, endowments and foundations. Due in large part to its total return approach and impressive long-term performance record, PIMCO is one of the most respected names in fixed income management. Our offices in Newport Beach, New York, London, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, Munich, Toronto and Hong Kong manage assets for clients around the globe.
- Four Year college degree with Preferred major in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics.
- Designing, coding, and testing C++, Java, .NET(C#) applications/programs with understanding of complete software development process and knowledge of object oriented programming.
- Strong Unix/Linux environment knowledge, shell scripting (Unix, Linux, Perl) and SQL skills. Experience with Sybase and Oracle.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communications skills
- High energy/self starter with the ability to work independently within the firm*s demanding and highly focused environment.
- Relocation to New York, NY or Newport Beach, CA required.
PIMCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Dice - 4 years ago
copy to clipboard
Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO) is fixated on fixed-income products. With more than $1.3 trillion of assets under management,...