Supervises clinical staff under the direction of a clinic manager to provide clinical expertise and leadership to the delivery of nursing care.
- Projects staffing needs for current and following shift and/or department to provide optimal patient care.
- Ensures that staffing levels/skill levels match census/acuities for the unit; coordinates cost-effective use of staff by ensuring appropriate staff-to-provider ratio.
- Under the direction of the Facility Manager, completes and conducts annual performance reviews of staff; enforces policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Responsible for initial counseling of staff on performance issues; assists with employee hiring and orientation.
- Oversees competency of clinical staff through annual skills updates, ongoing educational inservices and completion of mandatory educational requirements.
- Forecasts and communicates accurate information on admission, discharge and transfer to ensure appropriate patient placement.
- Communicates with appropriate caregivers on difficult / challenging patients to facilitate appropriate care needs; assists staff members with direct patient care as needed.
- Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives (i.e. CQI, TQM, Lean, 100% participation, etc.).
- 2 years of nursing clinical experience.
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in assigned clinical areas.
- Degree from an accredited institution (education is verified).
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS.
- Working knowledge of clinical processes in the ambulatory setting.
- Demonstrated communication skills in recommending quality, customer service, and safety improvement measures.
- Proven ability to mentor clinical staff.
- 2 years of supervising clinical staff.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing. Education is verified.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...