Red Hat Operations Support Analyst
Managing and administering a number of areas including the AIX, Database, Mainframe, SAN, Web Services, and Wintel environments in the Computing and Storage Infrastructure (CSI) group within the Information Technology department. This position provides first and second level IT support within a 24x7x 365 operation center.
Education: 4-yr College Degree preferably in IT Technical/Professional
- Ability to analyze, interpret and simplify technical information, and clearly communicate this information to target audiences
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork and customer support focus
- Strong telephone skills
- Ability to triage problems, document, troubleshoot, resolve and/or dispatch problems as needed
- Available to do shift work in a 7x24x365 operation.
- Able to handle stressful situations and maintain composure under pressure.
- Experience with administration of AIX, Mainframe, SAN, Weblogic, Red Hat Linux or Wintel environments.
- Experience in the railroad or transportation industry.
- Software product administration experience.
- 3+ years of Red Hat Linux Administration and Monitoring)
- 3+ years Oracle Weblogic Application Server
- 3+ years of HP hardware diagnosis and repair
- 3+ years of Unix shell scripting experience
- 3+ years of UNIX command line experience with the ability to diagnose failures, performance issues, resolve configuration changes and efficiently manage users
- 2-4 years of administration/operations in Mainframe, SAN, Weblogic Red Hat Linux or Wintel in a corporate environment.
- Experience with Red Hat LDAP
- Experience with Oracle Solaris
- Experience load balanced applications
- Managing administrative tasks for the AIX, Mainframe, SAN, Web Services and Wintel areas
- Standard trouble shooting procedures for hardware and software problems
- Utilize an Interaction/Incident management tool to open tickets on all calls, track open tickets, escalate end-user problems, and follow through to ensure resolution and closure.
- Interact with various internal support groups to create troubleshooting/administration/escalation/dispatch documentation.
- Provide customers with basic analysis, diagnostics and resolution, taking corrective action in order to achieve maximum customer productivity.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems reported to the Operations Center.
- Analyze impact of problems and escalate appropriately.
- Interface with internal and external support specialists regarding problem determination and resolution.