PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE. PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in more than 60 countries around the world. Sales in 2011 were $14.9 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG).
For more information, visit www.ppg.com.
· Achieve a specified sales and net contribution within the market by selling PPG Coatings Products across all major segments and distribution channels.
· Open and service new and current customer accounts assigned to a specified territory.
· Respond to customer needs concerning product recommendations, application and performance.
· Analyze territory performance reports and develop strategic sales territory business plans.
· Maintain a good understanding of the market, customers, competition and developments within a specialized segment in order to leverage sales opportunities.
· Work with PPG credit department to manage customer debt.
Experience and Education:
· Must have 3 to 5 years previous sales experience, preferably in Protective Coatings industry.
· Minimum of a High School Diploma, 2- or 4-year degree in a business-related field preferred.
· Great follow up skills in order to respond to customers in a timely manner.
· Ability to work well with diverse customers.
· Ability to problem-solve - deal with customer complaints in a timely manner and identify appropriate solutions.
· Must be able to speak persuasively using appropriate interpersonal styles to gain agreement.
· Ability to calculate discounts and profit associated with selling price; to calculate commissions associated with territory performance; to take measurements and calculate surface area associated with making product volume estimates.
· Ability to read and understand product data sheets, material safety data sheets, scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
· Ability to analyze territory performance reports.
· Ability to analyze problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and write technical reports to communicate the information.
· Availability to work and travel within assigned territory 90% of time. Periodic evening hours required for trade organization meetings and customer events.
· Must possess a valid Driver's License and have maintained a motor vehicle record within acceptable limits as prescribed by PPG.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
PPG Industries - 18 months ago
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance...