This position is responsible for providing exceptional service to bank customers by conducting appropriate transactions and meeting the needs of customers by referring them to appropriate departments in the bank.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Explains, promotes, and sells products and services such as traveler’s checks, savings bonds, money orders, and cashier’s checks.
Receives checking and savings deposits: verifies cash and endorsements, receives proper identification for cash back, and issues receipt of deposit.
Examines checks deposited and determines proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and completes Hold Notices when necessary.
Processes savings withdrawals.
Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
Identifies counterfeit currency.
Enters transactions into computer, and issues computer generated receipts.
Answers basic customer inquires regarding service charges and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
Counts and rolls loose coins.
Issues personal money orders and cashier’s checks, accepts orders and payment for U.S. Savings Bonds, and sells American Express Travelers Checks.
Accepts loan payments: verifies payment amount and issues receipt.
Buys and sells currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that the teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded according to the guidelines set forth in the Teller Policy.
Receives FICA payments: verifies deposit coupons are properly completed and checks are made payable to the “Bank”.
Follows procedures for removing accounts from dormancy.
Balances drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
Processes cash advances, redeems U.S. Savings Bonds.
Enters required information into Vertex for Currency Transaction Reports and Log Entry Reports.
Places a hold on accounts for uncollected funds unless pre-approval is obtained from Officer/Supervisor.
Counts and balances cash in automated teller machines and night depository.
Listens and acts upon opportunities to cross-sell additional bank products.
Directs customers to representatives to open new accounts or for investing needs.
Attends weekly sales meetings and monthly community bank meetings.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Handles customer complaints and escalates issues to supervisor as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness in and around work station.
- Recommends to supervisor possible methods to improve department.
- Completes all required compliance exams on a yearly basis.
- Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures including Teller Policy.
- Dresses professionally.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Cash handling, sales, or customer service experience preferred.
- Prior teller experience preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and ability to make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction with Bank exposure to loss or fraud.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people.
- Ability to communicate well with customers by all means of communication including written, verbal, and non-verbal communication.
- Ability to use e-mail, phone, and other communication tools are necessary.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
- Dependable and adheres to time lines and schedules.
- Takes initiative in development and completion of projects.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
First United Bank - 24 months ago