With limited supervision and with support from manager work TIRKS clean up of existing route sets to ensure optimal utilization of network by ensuring Allocation Groups priorities are properly set.
Help develop a formal intake and support process on complex customer orders which fall below EPM thresholds.
Support complex customer orders below EMP threshold.
Provide Single point of entry for escalation request.
Provide feedback to provisioning, management and sales.
Manage orders to commit dates and provide status and updates.
Provide support for planners and engineers from all disciplines on managing and maintaining complex customer orders which fall below EPM thresholds.
Gather information, confirm order requirements, chase down issues and provide updates on projects to allow planners and engineers to focus on installing and completing the work.
Build end to end circuit design of all products types and speeds ensuring optimal usage of the network.
Proactively work with planning teams to pre-build end to end PDACs when new equipment or locations are added to the network.
Work with existing planning and provisioning teams to develop technically sound best in class processes.
Using generic planning designs develop specific end to end planning designs.
Update specific planning designs when a generic planning designs in modified or created.
Coordinate with planning teams if there is a conflict with priorities or design.
Work fall-out associated with a planning design not in place or for lack of capacity.
Add required carriers before cross-section exhaust to reduce the potential of misroutes and held orders.
Manage network utilization in a specific region including grooming, install and disconnecting cross sections.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Network planning and engineering experience preferred
- Mastered end to end circuit design for all products and speeds preferred.
- Strong broadband and narrowband provisioning knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other organizations.
- Ability to resolve complex problems following standard practices, using judgment within defined policies and guidelines.
- Technical competency of network transport equipment function and use.
- Technical understanding of network services equipment function and use.
- Solid understanding of least cost routing from both an access and network view.
- Knowledge of and experience with TIRKS
- Solid understanding of Allocation groups and FEPS designs.
- Ability to drive network usage (including access, data, transport, switch, etc.) to achieve specific-planning teams' goals.
- Possesses a compelling track record of successful complex assignments/projects accomplished with independence, creativity and inter-organizational partnerships.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 17 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...