The HRIS Systems Analyst will provide technical, analytical, systems development, and systems maintenance support for HRIS / HCM, Benefits, Compensation, Talent, Payroll, and affiliate companies. Individual will investigate, analyze, recommend and execute alternatives for business process flow, test plans, user documentation and training. HRIS Systems Analyst controls the interface between various internal and external databases, and will audit employee and transactional data for accuracy. Individual will be the technical support & training expert to the HR staff in understanding business process flow, entering transactions into Workday HCM. Additional responsibilities include assisting with system implementations and upgrades, and the integrations of new external or internal touch-points, HCM systems, and provide ad hoc management reporting as needed. Experience with Workday, preferred.
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
- Bachelor's Degree in CIS / MIS or Accounting
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- 2 + years XML, XSLT experience
- 4 + years systems support experience.
- Computer skills including relational databases, Oracle use, and Desktop Applications;
- Knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Workday HCM or Peoplesoft HR experience
- Technical skills needed to develop ad hoc reporting from multiple and varied databases. Use of standard reporting tools such Peoplesoft Query, SQL, and Crystal.
- Prior experience with system implementations.
- Ability to travel to other Sallie Mae offices, or for training / conferences.
- Exposure to Kronos, Payroll & other HCM systems desirable
Navient - 22 months ago
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...