Main Job Function:|
Job title: Programmer/Analyst
Location: Somerville, NJ
Duration: Contract to hire or Direct Hire
Salary/ Rate: 60-70K/year
Our client is looking to establish in-house expertise and support for applications developed by outside programmers. The initial focus will be to develop documentation and gain an understanding of existing applications and the business. The key applications are FileMaker and SQL based and MobileFrame is utilized in an externally marketed system that incorporates PDA data entry and printing, internet data synchronization, and PC based data storage and reporting. The secondary focus will be on supporting ERP and other packaged application users and Crystal Reports development.
The company has a dynamic website which utilizes a packaged ERP system and employs numerous FileMaker Pro applications and MS Access databases in support of its operation. Crystal Reports are widely used in reporting and business forms. Other business applications include an OLAP business intelligence solution, EDI, and an outside-hosted AR Collection application that operates in a Windows network environment. In addition, the company sells a web-based application it developed and hosts that is used by facility managers and hospitals to track regulated activities. It is initially anticipated that this position will primarily support this web-based facility/hospital application, which is integrated with hardware: PC, hand-held devices, cameras, and printers (proprietary mobile data collection software, SQL Server). Support of other applications would follow over time.
Education & Experience
- Must have a solid understanding of relational database design and programming experience including .Net and SQL Server.
- Crystal Reports, Access, and FileMaker Pro experience preferred.
- Visual Basic, PHP, Mobile Frame, SharePoint, and LASSO a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are important along with the ability to document requirements, procedures, and system design, including visual representation of design using tools like Visio.
- A 4-year degree in Computer Science with 2 or more years of practical experience is desired.
- In-house: IT Manager, who is responsible for the company’s network and who supports certain application packages like the Sage ERP system, and one PC support person
- Outside: Network/Pkg Apps - A network support company, providing backup/monitoring services, expertise, and personnel backup support, an ERP system support company, and an OLAP consultant.
sologig - 2 years ago