Act as a liaison between customers, ArenaNet, and NCSOFT to effectively address and resolve gameplay and service issues.
Serves as a supervisor, leader, and coach for the Game Master staff, as well as a subject matter expert on Guild Wars 2 and customer support policies and procedures. The Game Support Supervisor is responsible for designing and implementing improved processes and operational policies and for recommending changes to products or services to fulfill customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include at least the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Support and mentor Game Master staff regarding policy and procedure.
- Prioritize daily operational tasks required to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Respond to customer inquiries, providing complete and accurate responses.
- Provide customer support via game interface, ticketing system, and email.
- Review reported in-game infractions and logged actions of game players to ensure an appropriate game environment for
Guild Wars 2
- Responsible for overseeing schedule for the team.
- Work closely with development team and QA staff to identify and solve current in-game issues in an effort to improve efficiency.
- Work closely with community team to properly inform customers of current known issues and their status.
- Provide metrics and other support analyses to management.
- Complete tasks and projects that are assigned by management that may not fall into the scope of the daily routine.
- Ability to work with diverse groups, including many who speak English as a second language.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills while dealing with management
- Familiarity with standard practices and procedures in the MMORPG customer support field
- Familiarity with PC gaming and multiplayer online gaming including experience with the current generation of MMO titles
- Ability to analyze situations and provide strategic direction for the team
- Ability to handle high stress situations and manage irate customers
- Strong customer service ethic
- Schedule flexibility
- Ability to travel both within the United States and outside of the United States
Physical Demands of Position:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years experience in MMORPG Support, Video Gaming, or related applicable experience
- A general understanding of CS tools and tool priorities
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
We offer a casual environment, comprehensive benefits, competitive salary and free snacks.
This is a full time, on-site position in Bellevue, Washington.
- Work is usually performed in an office setting and could involve sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time throughout the day.
- This position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, internal and external customer needs, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines, and workload.
NCsoft Corporation - 2 years ago