Sr. Windows Systems Administrator-TS/SCI w/Poly
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Join us on the edge… The Cutting Edge! Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Sr. Window Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Northern Virginia area supporting a restricted customer. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Cyber Solutions Division engaged in Cyber Security for the Intelligence Community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create/Administer/Troubleshoot Active Directory Group Policies in a mixed 2003/2008/2012 environment
- Provide planning, coordination, and implementation of server installations, upgrades, routine maintenance and vendor-supplied patches in accordance with established Information Technology (IT) policies and procedures.
- Serves as the primary contact for critical and high server based outages and communicates the status of the outage to infrastructure management.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs), Installation Qualifications (IQs), and documentation adhering to industry best practices.
Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance levels; provide performance statistics and reports.
- Define and perform server backups and recovery procedures; participate in development, testing, and implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Prioritize and respond to issues as appropriate.
- Provide timely response to escalations.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other functional areas within IT to ensure reliability of IT infrastructure.
- Strong customer service orientation, proven ability to pay attention to details and proven dependability.
- Interact with immediate supervisor, team members, customers, and users on a daily basis.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Assist the Primary person responsible for patching 150+ Windows Based Servers utilizing Microsoft WSUS as the patch solution.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related degree and a minimum of 10 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in a technical position supporting Windows server environments.
Proficiency with Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL
- Proficiency with Windows Server Update Services
Proficiency with Powershell
- Able to lift equipment weighing 35-40 lbs.
- Ability to diagnose IT hardware failures and replace failed parts.
- Expert knowledge of various technologies including items such as: Windows Operating Systems 2003, 2008, 2008R2, and Virtual Technologies
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware and associated equipment.
Current/active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph required
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Proficiency with Microsoft System Center suite, including VMM, SCOM, Config Manager
Understanding of basic networking, Cisco experience a plus.
- Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment, use of Powershell scripts a plus.
Avocent DSView Familiarity
- Experience with C&A process
- General knowledge of storage technologies such as storage area network (SAN) or network-attached storage (NAS).
- Scripting skills and understanding of programming technologies including items such as: Batch, WinBatch, PERL, PowerShell, VBScript, VBA, .Net technologies, COM, and SQL.
- Direct experience in a large-scale hosted computing environment managing hundreds of machines or more.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...