kate spade new york draws women into a world that's culturally curious, intellectually playful, quick-witted and strong. our graceful, exuberant approach to the everyday is evident in all of our product: handbags and clothing, jewelry, shoes, stationery, eyewear, baby, fragrance, tabletop, bedding and gifts.
we have over 45 retail shops and 40 outlet stores across the united states; 94 shops internationally, and our colorful products are sold in more than 400 doors worldwide in every time zone. whether in san francisco, sao paulo or shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting. we help women express their personal style with charm and a dash of rebellion – she lives her life colorfully.
welcome to the world of kate spade new york!
general purpose of the position:
to conceptualize, create, and develop designs for kate spade new york’s timepieces collection.
• assist in design process from concept to production
• responsible for creating tech packs and correction specs for all samples
• work with product development partner throughout specing process
• assist in preparation for timepieces presentations
• work with merchandising to assist in determining sales needs
• offer new ideas and trend research at the beginning of each season
• college degree in fashion design or a related field preferred
• experience designing timepieces preferred
• strong computer skills in illustrator and photoshop
• knowledge of raw materials and construction techniques
• strong organizational skills
• very detail oriented
education and experience required:
• minimum 3-5 years experience
• college degree
• photoshop and illustrator experience preferred
Kate Spade & Company - 22 months ago