ABM (NYSE: ABM), which operates through its subsidiaries (collectively "ABM"), is a leading provider of integrated facility services. With over 100,000 employees, ABM provides commercial cleaning and maintenance, facility engineering, energy efficiency, parking and security services for thousands of commercial, industrial, government and retail clients across the United States and various international locations. Learn more at www.abm.com .
Currently our Southwest Washington Branch of ABM Janitorial Services has a career opportunity for an entry level HR Administrative Assistant. 7:30 AM-4:30 PM, Mon-Fri. This is a full-time non-exempt position.
Essential Functions - Other:
- Directly responsible for the administrative oversight of branch human resources programs.
- Lead by example: adhere to Branch, Region, Division and Corporate policies.
- Uses working knowledge of HR policies, programs and procedures, an understanding of basic business issues, and familiarity with HR-related federal, state and local regulations to provide advice and counsel to managers and other employees on a range of HR issues, including:
- FMLA/PDL/CFRA and other leave programs.
- Employee relations.
- Performance management.
- Benefits and disability management.
- Training and organizational development.
- Affirmative Action.
- May audit HR processes and actions to ensure compliance with related federal, state and local regulations.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks.
- Carries out specific HR Projects and programs.
- Provides information to non-HR employees who may have little or no knowledge about HR policies, procedures or programs. Gathers information, prepares summaries and develops recommendations for review or action by higher level members of the HR staff.
- Screens telephone calls, visitors and incoming correspondence.
- Responds to requests to information relating to established department policies or procedures; determines which requests should be escalated to higher level employees for handling.
- Prepares routine correspondence for supervisor's approval and signature; may schedule appointments.
- Makes arrangements for conferences and meetings; may attend meetings and record or report on proceedings.
- Reviews outgoing materials and correspondences for internal consistency, in accordance with established procedures or precedents.
- Collects information needed to complete projects or reports; may be responsible for preparation of recurring or special reports.
- Perform all other duties associated with the general administrative functions necessary as directed by Branch Manager.
Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information with tact.
Minimum 1 year of administrative experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently and in a team setting
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform data entry at a high volume
- Excellent time management skills
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Must type 45 wpm
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to learn and understand any applicable payroll/HR/time entry software.
- Must be able to speak and communicate in English. Other language skills also desired.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM Industries, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard