Programmer Analyst - McLeansville, NC
USA-NC: NORTH CAROLINA-MCLEANSVILLE
Remote Work Authorized
Mar 28, 2013, 2:52:38 PM
Essential Job Functions
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs. Assists in the modification of company products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
- Gathers information from the system, analyzes program and time requirements, and prepares documentation to change existing programs.
- Researches and analyzes existing systems and program requirements, under periodic supervision.
- Designs programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
- Assists in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
- Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs. Identifies issues as appropriate.
- Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
- Three or more years of experience in programming or testing
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
- 1+ yrs programming in any language, with strong SQL skills, DB, report and form creating skills
- Must be able to obtain security clearance
- Accounting, PL/SQL Coldfusion, .net or Java programming knowledge a plus
- U.S. Citizen
- Position is on-site in McLeansville, NC
- Basic programming skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
CSC - 23 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...