- Working in lead tech position.
- Assist in any sub-specialty area as needed.
- Perform a variety of ophthalmic diagnostic tests including OCT, Wavescan, Pentacam, Ultasonic Biometry and HFA CVF.
- Knowlege of LASIK, previous experience with Visx S4IR and Moria SBK keratomes a plus
- Able to set up and assist in surgical proceedures.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Obtain a complete medical and ophthalmic history.
- Establish rapport with patients during diagnostic tests and examinations.
- Obtain visual acuities.
- Visual fields testing with Humphrey automated perimeter.
- Perform pre LASIK testing.
- Perform applanation tonometry.
- Perform confrontation visual fields.
- Check for color vision defects.
- Set up and assist minor surgical proceedures
- Perform amsler grid and stereo testing.
- Instill dilating drops when directed by physician.
- Perform refraction using a phoropter.
- Perform basic strabismus evaluations.
- Explain physician's orders.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment using established methods of cleaning and sterilization.
- Prepare and maintain examination rooms.
- Complete lab slips and requisitions for tests; deliver specimens to lab if needed.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
1. High School graduation or recognized equivalent.
2. Satisfactory completion of an approved JCAHPO written examination for COA/COT certification.
3. Minimum of two years experience.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Donice Steele at (252) 355-7301.
LocalEyeSite.com - 3 years ago