Working as a member of the Customer Solutions Group, this position requires the interpretation and conversion of electrical and hydraulic customer specifications into CAD drawings, bills of material and shop floor instructions for the fabrication of utility equipment. The electrical engineer will provide technical support to the service group as well as the fabricators and assemblers of utility equipment. In addition, this engineer will assure final product quality through a commitment to high quality and accurate designs, bills of materials, work instructions, timely support and finished product audits.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Work closely with customers, Outside Sales, Customer Team, and Production to assist in matching customer requirements related to truck configurations and specifications.
Utilize 2D/3D CAD equipment to generate computer drawings to create, update, revise and modify complete drawings for use in specifying, quoting and producing utility equipment.
Execute changes (internal & external) through the identified change order processes.
Follow the specified design procedure, design review procedure, and as built correction procedure to minimize the amount of time to process customer orders and increase quality of design information for repeat jobs.
Examine electrical drawings to develop, compute, and verify specifications and drafting data such as configuration of parts, dimensions and tolerances.
Operate file management software for the storage and retrieval of design, job record and cost information.
Work with vendors to specify materials, wire harnesses, lights, switches, valves etc. to insure a high quality product and ease of manufacture while minimizing the cost of material.
Interpret specifications, create electrical schematic drawings, bill of materials, software and work orders.
Assist in the design, specification and maintenance of standard platforms and options for DUECO products.
Keep up to date on current product developments in the industry and communicate to DUECO team members.
Work with customers, outside sales representatives, and service centers to resolve technical issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/Or Experience
- B.S. Engineering Degree; Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (Preferable GPA 3.2 or higher) required.
- 3-5 years work experience in related field.
- Knowledge of 12/24/36 volt electrical systems.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic systems.
- Design and manufacturing experience: hydraulically operated truck mounted equipment and truck mounted bodies (e.g. mounting of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, fire ladders, cement pumpers on truck chassis)
- Engineering process experience (e.g. Bill of Material systems, drawing and document management)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes e.g. electrical wiring, welding, fabrication, hydraulics etc.
- Project management knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize work load and be able to perform in a team environment.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with flexible and changing schedules.
- Mechanical aptitude (Diagnostic and trouble-shooting ability)
- Ladder logic software and 2D/3D CAD Experience (AutoCAD, Solid Works, etc.)
- Operate Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Outlook, Access, Excel and Word.
Preferred Candidate Will Have
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing & Lean office practices.