Assistant Manufacturing Manager
The Assistant Manufacturing Manager is a developmental position. This position will require rotation throughout all the Ritchie County facilities which will include a period of time on night shift. The Assistant Manufacturing Manager will direct and coordinate activities of the manufacturing facilities to obtain optimum efficiency of operations and maximize profits. This position is also responsible for the management of people, equipment and material necessary to achieve both daily and long-term production objectives.
This position is responsible for developing, leading and executing in the following areas:
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Manage product quality and production flow to meet Simonton’s core value of safely producing a quality product, on time, and complete.
- Review production and operating reports and direct the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost, prevent operational delays and take advantage of opportunities.
- Coordinate input from production managers and supervisors to determine production goals, staffing needs and equipment utilization.
- Coordinate manufacturing activities with all other functions within the organization and external suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources and equipment.
- Provide guidance and support to production managers, line supervisors, in the following areas: general communication, overtime administration, attendance tracking, employee relations policies, employee issues including corrective actions, incident investigations, layoff/recall procedures, disciplinary/separation procedures, and ensuring consistency between lines.
- Prepare and present communications to production employees, management team, and/or customers regarding safety, quality, productivity, housekeeping, and other key measures. Enhance positive employee relations through motivation and effective communication on a daily basis.
- Assess the performance of line supervisors and provide feedback or corrective action as necessary.
- Utilize corporate performance and succession planning tools to document performance planning and assess training needs of production employees and line supervisors.
- Address and participate in the effective resolution of customer complaints.
- Provide leadership role in support of Quality at the source and Critical to Quality (CTQ) checks at every workstation.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and promote and enforce all Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) regulations.
- Maintain a process to identify and investigate incidents, identify corrective and preventive actions (specific tasks, schedule and responsibilities), and track corrective and preventive actions to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Strong planning and organizing.
- Strong work ethic, leadership and management skills.
- Good rapport and communication skills with all levels in the organization.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Project Management software
Simonton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- BS/BA in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
Simonton Windows produces ENERGY STAR® qualified replacement and new construction windows and doors, including a line of impact-resistant products. For a third consecutive year, consumers nationwide have rated Simonton Windows highest in customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Windows and Patio Doors Satisfaction Study (SM).
Simonton was also ranked #1 in quality in the 2009, 2007, 2002 and 1998 Brand Use Studies sponsored by Builder magazine and has won three Best In Class Awards from Market Research Associates.
Founded in 1946, Simonton’s hallmark has been to deliver its made-to-order products in five days or less. A Fortune Brands Home and Security company (NYSE: FBHS), Simonton delivers award-recognized products nationwide to key markets throughout the 48 continental United States. Simonton is a founding sponsor of The Weather Museum and a supporter of Homes for Our Troops. For information, call (800) SIMONTON (1-800-746-6686 ) or visit www.simonton.com.
Simonton Windows - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard