Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced capital markets or risk management audit professional for its Risk Management Audit function. The successful candidate will report to a Global Portfolio Manager within the Internal Audit Department’s Risk Management Audit team and will lead audits of Market Risk Management, Credit Risk Management, Counterparty Portfolio Management, Operational Risk Management, Enterprise Risk Management, and Treasury (Liquidity and Economic Capital).
The Vice President in this role will be responsible for:
• Independently performing risk assessments and planning, executing and leading integrated risk, financial and technology audits.
• Managing multiple audit engagements within established budgets and the time frames for audit completion.
• Supervising and mentoring junior staff, and reviewing work papers to ensure they meet internal standards.
• Building credible relationships with senior management in the Risk Management functions.
• Communicating effectively both orally and in written form with senior management, the Board Audit Committee, and Regulators.
• Ten + years of experience in financial services with a preference for those with at least seven years auditing capital markets or risk management in a bank or broker / dealer regulated environment.
• A four year college degree in a business discipline (e.g., finance, economics, accounting).
• A strong understanding of the regulatory environment with respect to the Federal Reserve Bank, the SEC, and OCC.
• Proficient understanding of internal audit processes including identifying and evaluating key risks, setting the audit scope, developing audit testing, and managing staff assignments.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• CPA, CIA, and /or FRM qualifications a plus.
• Prior experience communicating with Regulators
Morgan Stanley - 10 months ago
One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates...