This position is commissioned sales position that is primarily responsible for selling power generations rental units .
- Promote and endorse all aspects of Cummins Central Power’s Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Endorse and actively support Cummins Central Power’s Customer Support Improvement (CSI) efforts.
- Develop business in assigned territory to achieve sales and business goals;
- Prepare itemized proposals and present to customers;
- Travel to and from customer sites to set-up and tear down equipment (loan/unload cable, assure proper wiring of equipment, etc.)
- Ensure the unites are functioning properly through routine inspections and coordination of maintenance;
- Control inventory by checking equipment in and out. Count and document inventory.
- Proactively support the rental staff in a team environment to meet business goals to complete rental agreements, obtain proof of insurance, prepare proposals, etc.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be on call 24/7 potentially on holidays and for concerts, fairs, festivals, and other events that may be utilizing rental generators,
- Other duties as required
- Technical background in generators, engines, and related components.
- Cummins product knowledge is highly preferred.
- Basic to intermediate technical knowledge required to perform job successfully
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Strong work ethic and high sense of motivation
- Competent knowledge of business software systems, such as BMS, Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Customer Service Focus with experience in customer problem resolution.
- Driver’s license required – CDL preferred.
- Extensive travel required. Bending, lifting and ability to perform detailed visual inspection of the equipment.