ARM is the world's leading semiconductor intellectual property (IP) supplier is at the heart of the development of digital electronic products. ARM’s ecosystem includes many of the biggest names in consumer electronics and semiconductor manufacturing.
We are seeking a highly motivated Design Engineer with experience in architecting and designing memory systems to join our CPU Design team. The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the team to contribute to the specification, design and verification of the next generation of ARM microprocessors.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of the ARM Austin Design Center. You will be part of a small and talented team, giving you the opportunity to innovate and make a significant contribution. We employ leading-edge modeling, design and verification technologies to design low-power high-performance products.
• Requirements analysis, micro-architecture specification and design of L1 and L2 memory system in ARM microprocessors
• Verilog RTL logic design
• Work closely with Performance modeling, Validation, and Implementation teams to meet all functional requirements, performance, power and area goals
• Technical interaction with customers and Support team as required
Prior microprocessor design experience is required. An ideal candidate will have 7+ years of work experience in microprocessor design with an emphasis on L1 and L2 memory-system design.
Applicants should have experience in the following areas:
• 5+ years experience in defining and implementing coherent multi-processor memory systems (L1 and L2)
• Experience in modeling, defining and implementing processor and cache pipeline microarchitectures
• Excellent knowledge of cache coherency protocols
• Hands on experience using Verilog or VHDL HDL, preferably coupled with design synthesis targeted to achieve specified frequency, power, and area targets
• Assembly language for ARM or other architectures
• Strong understanding of design, performance, physical implementation tradeoffs – knowledge in logic synthesis, timing constraints, power analysis.
• Knowledge of CPU performance modeling using a higher level language such as C/C++
It is essential for the successful applicant to:
• Have enthusiasm, drive and diligence
• Work well in a team environment
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be motivated to continuously develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities as part of contributing to the design center’s success
• MS or BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
ARM will offer the following benefits for this position:
• Salary - Commensurate with experience
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Contributory 401K
• 4 weeks paid vacation
• 4 weeks paid sabbatical every 4 years