Unit Manager - RN - Days - Agawam
Supervise the Nursing Unit in one of our large facilities to ensure the kind of high-quality care that Kindred has become known for. Develop programs to recruit and continually educate our nursing staff and maintain the supplies and records needed to provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care for our residents.
Unit Manager Unit Supervisor Nursing Unit Manager Nursing Unit Supervisor RN Registered Nurse LPN LVN Licensed Practical Nurse Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Plan and facilitate meetings and committees to address resident care issues for the unit
- Hire, evaluate and discipline employees; review staffing patterns and census of nursing units and reassign personnel when necessary to ensure resident needs and budgetary controls are met
- Assist in the orientation of new personnel, monitor their skills, guide and observe staff who may need assistance with procedures
- Oversee clinical operations of the unit and residents’ conditions to ensure appropriate quality care is administered
- Obtain medications, supplies and medical records needed to care for our residents
- Participate in facility “Performance Improvement Program”
- Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the standards of the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
If you are a current
- Must be skilled in directing, motivating, and training the staff able to organize and prioritize. Effective communication with residents, their families and all levels of the organization is a must as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must have the acumen to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations. The candidate should be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (BS preferred) with a valid state RN or LPN/LVN license and CPR certification. We require seven years of experience in nursing, including two years of supervision, in a long-term care environment.
MA-Agawam-Kindred Trans Care and Rehab-Country Estates
Kindred Healthcare - 12 months ago
The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business as well as...