We have an available position of Credit & Collections Specialist in Ponce, PR
With general direction and working within established guidelines and with predefined limits of approval, this role performs a wide variety of credit and collections functions and also is responsible for related activities.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary. As noted below, the list is not exhaustive of all duties that the position holder may be required to perform.
- Receives and reviews information from credit reports and contacts various credit sources to ensure credit packages or customer credit applications are complete.
- Following standard credit processes and procedures, assesses the risk of offering credit to new and existing customers for multiple divisions, business units or an area. Within a determined threshold, approves credit limits. Makes recommendations to the management team as appropriate for nonstandard situations or situations in which request exceeds authority to approve.
- Accepts payment on certain accounts as appropriate and resolves most questions and problems, referring only the most complex to higher levels. Where appropriate performs research to identify misapplied payments and resolve basic and moderately complex issues.
- On a regular basis, retrieves and reviews billing system reports to identify delinquent accounts.
- Following standard operating procedures, contacts customers via phone or standard letter to bring accounts to a current status.
- Prepares and provides reports reflecting status of credit and collection activity in area of responsibility.
- Documents credit and collections activity for assigned accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #. Close date February 8, 2013
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Two years collections, billing, customer service or related experience dealing directly with customers.
- Directly related experience in which individuals have worked with customers in a collections capacity in a service based industry.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of credit and collections transactions and processes.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Have MS Excel skills at an intermediate level.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard operating procedures and instructions to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- The ability to effectively interact and communicate with customers in a professional manner.
- Good math aptitude and the ability to work accurately with numbers are essential.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax, calculator and copier.
- MS Office including Word and Excel.
- Company information systems applications including but not limited to InfoPro, Lawson, and/or TRUX and credit reporting agency applications.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
- This role generally operates in an office environment in which limited exposure to hazardous working conditions exists. Physical requirements include the ability to operate office equipment, sit for long periods of time throughout the day and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Overtime hours may be required.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Every day, Republic Services empowers more than 30,000 exceptional employees in 39 states and Puerto Rico to do their best work. We’re...