DETD Production Mfg Engineer Intern
This position will be part of a team tasked with enabling a one of a kind pilot line to develop an internal die embedding process and transfer to HVM-like factory. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to provide tactical operational support to ensure the successful ramp, sustained manufacturing and factory optimization in the pilot plant as well as HVM-like factory. This position will require partnership with factory operations managers and module management to effectively manage WIP flow through the factory and ultimately provide manufacturing solutions which enable DETD to deliver new processes/technologies.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop, document and implement innovative solutions into an integrated manufacturing system to address unique operational needs
- Set aggressive targets and track metrics to identify, justify and implement significant data driven projects to improve constraints, streamline production, improve data turns, increase quality, increase capital/labor productivity and reduce manufacturing cost
- Educate organization in factory physics concepts and benefits, including constraint management to the organization
- Analyze and design manufacturing activities and implement recommendations to improve efficiency, setup times, material flows, cycle time and manufacturability
Qualifications: You must currently be a college student in pursuit of a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or in related engineering field.
- Ability to communicate effectively across an organization of diverse backgrounds to educate, justify recommendations and influence decisions
- Ability to operate independently and prioritize resources appropriately in an opportunity rich, rapidly changing environment and remain flexible over periods of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to identify and interpret complex manufacturing issues, troubleshoot problems and implement corrective actions to resolve problems, utilizing an strong statistical background
- Willingness to understand details, learn and adapt to a unique environment
- Knowledge/experience of semiconductor FAB and/or assembly/test production line management
- Able to coordinate manufacturing improvement projects and hands-on interactions with all levels from management through mid-levels and on floor manufacturing technicians to meet output and CT goals
- Ability to rapidly immerse and transition to unique manufacturing environment where the systems, equipment methods and procedures are not yet mature. Ability to become immediately productive in this new environment and contribute quickly is needed.
Additional qualifications include:
- Strong analytical problem solving, data analysis, statistics, design of experiments, and process control skills
- Strong knowledge and previous utilization of Excel* and statistical control methods
- Good team participation skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Must have 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must have at least one semester following internship prior to graduation
- Must have the permanent and unrestricted right to work in the US without sponsorship from a company
- Candidate needs to have a permanent unrestricted right to work on the first day of employment
Feb 14, 2013
Feb 15, 2014
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to final test and optimization, and lastly packaging. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing group are part of a worldwide network of manufacturing and assembly/test facilities.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...