Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a ENGINEERING IT SPECIALIST at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The Engineering IT Specialist is a member of a team supporting and improving a variety of CAD applications.
- The team member is responsible for maintaining existing applications as well as identifying new areas to improve the engineering design process through the customization of commercial CAD programs and development of supporting applications
- The team member will also be involved in day-to-day tasks of application administration and end-user support.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) serves customers in industrial, energy, technology and healthcare markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, and equipment and services. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had revenues of $10.1 billion, operations in over 40 countries, and 18,900 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
- Programming experience, preferably with Microsoft C#.net, C++ and/or MDL
- Solid understanding of Windows OS and PC hardware
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and assist in creating and implementing solutions
- Knowledge of Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Experience working with design or engineering functions in the process industry is a particular advantage
- Knowledge of one or more of the following tools is a plus: Intergraph SmartPlant PID, SmartPlant Instrumentation, SmartSketch, PDS,or Bentley Microstation
- Experience working in a Citrix environment is a plus
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate well within a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage a variety of ongoing tasks
- Enjoy learning and working with new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in either Engineering or IT and have 5+ years of experience.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #9221BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products - 13 months ago