As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by performing the following work:
• Lead the architectural design of complex buildings and groups of buildings, supervising architectural staff, and coordinate work with engineering disciplines team leaders
• Prepare alternative conceptual layouts and building systems and assist clients in selection of approach; develop design coordinated with process functions and building systems requirements
• Manage preparation of construction drawings, resolve construction detailing problems, and coordinate building structure, mechanical and electrical systems with architectural design
• Review work in progress and perform final checking
• Prepare addendum, review shop drawings and issue clarifications, make field visits and advises resident staff during construction
• Determine client, mechanical process and building services requirements for building space, functional relationships, cost limitations and regulatory requirements
• Assist in preparation of design budgets and develop staffing plan to meet schedules. Monitor and adjust during course of project
• Research and select materials of construction, oversee preparation of specification for conformity to design and codes requirements
• Develop materials and makes presentations at interviews, client meetings and public hearings; meet with building officials and regulatory agencies
• Maintain technical resources, and currency in latest technologies, building regulations and public safety standards
The objective of this position is to supervise and coordinate planning, design and preparation of architectural contract drawings and specifications and assist in new business efforts.
Education: Professional degree in Architecture from a program accredited by the National Architectural Accreditation Board (NAAB), minimum Bachelor of Architecture (5 year degree) or Master of Architecture. Professional registration required. Continuing Education Units (CEU) compliance. National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) certification eligible. Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)Accredited Professional certification preferred. Experience: 8 years experience with 2 years as a Registered Architect. Demonstrated technical knowledge and design application. Fluency with Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD), preferably AutoCAD, and facility with modeling and rendering software programs. Fluency with basic business office software (Word, Excel, etc.) Appropriate writing and interpersonal skills.
CDM - 6 months ago