Full-time jobs at Parkland - Hiring now!
Here is your chance to work for a hospital that makes a difference. Don't just settle for another job; demand more for your career and for your life. Interested? Then we need you.
HIM CLIN DOCUMENTATION SPEC II
Responsible for ensuring Electronic Medical Record health care data is accurate, complete, and concise for information requestors and data users.
- Must have an Associate's degree from a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) accredited program OR
- Must have an Associate's degree in a health care related field.
- Must have four years of health care related experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and experience requirements.
- Must be a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) OR, have current licensure in a health care related field.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have strong analytical skills and organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Must have a working knowledge of Health Information Management procedures, forms, and content, and be able to comprehend and apply established policy and procedures.
- Must be able to operate a PC and use spreadsheet, wordprocessing, database, and graphics software.
- Must be able to demonstrate good decision-making skills.
- Must be detail oriented and exhibit effective organizational skills.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills with patients, visitors, and hospital staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge regarding HIM computer software, including master patient index, record tracking, deficiency analysis, release of information, and Electronic Medical Record and Personal Health Record applications.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of medico-legal and regulatory requirements.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of pharmacology.
Parkland Health & Hospital System - 7 months ago