We are looking
for an Application Team Lead and an IBM mainframe technical expert who can support and enhance applications developed using COBOL, DB2, CICS & IMS. Responsibilities include problem analysis, developing solutions for Business needs, work on new projects & enhancements, leading off-shore & on-site vendor teams who do the production support of these applications.
- Conducts highest level analyses regarding program/application/system and making strategic recommendations to management.
- Expertly estimates project requirements internally and externally (internal staffing, client and vendor resources, etc.).
- Anticipates and develops preventive action plans for interface issues or other cross-system problems.
- Responsible for writing logical and physical technical specifications on Projects.
- Acts as recognized Subject Matter Expert across regional or functional programs/applications/systems and as single point of contact across regions/systems.
- May conduct project management activities but typically serves as project advisor regarding architecture, approach, strategy and functionality.
- Influences the development of the functional and company objectives.
- Acts as highest point of escalation for technical decisions.
- Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity, which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation, using independent judgment to accomplish objectives.
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories.
- Acts as highest point of escalation for solving technical problems.
- Requires the exchange of highly technical, complex information.
- Influences others to buy into new technical direction and strategies.
- Assignments are often self initiated and virtually self supervisory.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
- Review and analysis of key events by senior management are critical to the completion and attainment of objectives and goals.
- Provides on-going coaching, enabling team members to develop and improve skills and capabilities that support the effectiveness of the department/function.
- Serves as the highest technical/professional mentor to team members on all technical areas.
- Has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and/or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in development of new programs/applications or maintaining and/or supporting existing programs/systems.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in development of new applications or maintaining and/or supporting existing programs/systems using COBOL, IMS, DB2 & CICS
- Knowledge or awareness of mainframe technology integration options and application development trends in mainframe technologies
- Requires strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of policies, practices and systems; deep technical expertise in own area of application(s) and broader understanding of all technologies.
- Requires a high level of judgment and risk taking to make appropriate decisions for diverse, sophisticated and undefined issues.
- Requires significant complex decision-making.
- Viewed as functional expert and leader in programming/analysis within KP.
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Must stay abreast of emerging technologies and trends in the health care industry.
- Analysis and programming experience with Kaiser Clinical Applications.
- Experience with legacy applications and Interfaces to Health Connect System.
- Strong knowledge in CICS & DB2.
- Exposure in developing enterprise Java applications, server side development (EJB, JSP, JMS, etc).
Kaiser Permanente - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...