Under indirect supervision, answers correspondence, telephone inquiries or may give out information to customers or the sales department on sales order data such as requests for quotations, literature, order changes, production progress, etc.
- Composes correspondence or answers inquiries by telephone or fax on a variety of subjects including answers to complaints, inquiries or quotations following procedures and/or approved practice in presenting a reply.
- Compiles information on less complex quotations.
- Assembles necessary papers, notes, drawings, pricing information and similar items from CMS and EDMS to formulate a reply.
- Consults proper person and/or department to secure or relay information that may be required.
- Coordinates, answers questions and assists with machine shop inquiries.
- Writes up initial orders obtained over the telephone from customers.
- Maintains reference files of procedures, product lists, pricing and other relevant data to perform the job.
- Recommends seal applications based upon particular customers requirements. May consult supervisor in making selection.
- Expedites orders when directly requested by customers or when orders are of a rush status.
- Maintains follow-up record of work handled and prepares reports as necessary.
- Moves, raises and lowers parts weighing up to 5 lbs.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may vary based upon individual branch requirements
- High school education or equivalent plus 1 year of specialized training.
- Prefer technical high school graduate.
- Requires up to nine months on-the-job training.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and phone communication skills and good organizational ability.
John Crane - 7 months ago