This position is for a Virtual Internetworking Support Engineer (VISE) to provide broad based technical support to field engineers at large enterprise and service provider customers.
The duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Delivers action plans to field engineers on part replacement activities
- Carries out action plans to remotely restore network services at customer location
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate complexity
- Provides technology/product training and intellectual property material as required
- Able to work on all Cisco product families
- Receives minimal supervision, no instruction on routine work, and general instruction on new assignments
- Typically reports to Mgr, Technical Services
- Interfaces with all levels of CSE's, end-users & internal engineering departments
- Provides guidance & leadership to less experienced engineers
- Provides support on a world-wide basis
- Routing/Switching - General knowledge of troubleshooting Routing/Switching across Cisco platforms
- Minimum 2 years of Networking experience
- Minimum 2 years working knowledge of Networking industry, products and protocols
Typically requires BS in CS or EE or equivalent plus 2-4 years related experience. CCNA required
- Proven crisis management skills, and the ability to excel under pressure
- Strong knowledge of Wan technologies such as frame-relay and isdn
- Knowledge of router, switches, appliance hardware product configurations
- Strong documentation skills--to be utilized for case management, knowledge capture, defect management and Trainings
- Excellent verbal communication skills--these skills are essential for this engineering role as most of the work being done is through the phone
- Strong Problem Solving skills--will be utilized often as this position covers all Cisco technologies
- CCNP desired but not required
This position must reside in RTP, NC.
Cisco Systems - 2 years ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...