Desktop Support Specialist
Seagate delivers advanced digital storage solutions to meet the needs of today’s consumers and tomorrow’s applications. Through technology, leadership and innovation, Seagate continues to help individuals and businesses maximize the potential of their digital content in an ever-evolving, on-demand world.
Do you enjoy being a part of an exciting and progressive environment where you create your own career path? If you would like to engage with one of the world's top innovators, we invite you to learn more about opportunities with us. Seagate has recently been ranked among the Thompson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators!
Seagate is looking for a
Desktop Support Specialist
for our Design Center in Longmont, CO reporting to the IT Manager. Job responsibilities include:
As a member of the IT Technical Staff, the position will work in various aspects of Desktop Support. Duties and responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
- Research, maintain, install and troubleshoot all aspects of laptop and desktop hardware and
- Customer service and high standards of excellence are expected.
- Be able to take proactive corrective actions to resolve issues in advance of system problems.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Installs, configures, analyzes, resolves and repairs all hardware and software issues involving Windows and Mac OS based computer systems and peripherals.
- Provides total support of the desktop environment in accordance with defined standards and procedures.
- Maintains password security, data integrity, and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Responds quickly, thoroughly documents, and closes all assigned cases through the designated tracking system.
- Communicates with customers, peers, and management concerning the status of cases, problems, or suggestions.
- Troubleshoots and determines the root cause of problems with software or hardware incompatibilities or network connectivity issues.
- Proficiently use Corporate systems on a daily basis, Remedy, iProcurement, etc.
Successful applicants will have the following skills and experience:
- Must have experience providing Desktop Support in an Active Directory environment.
have Desktop and Laptop hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Must have application troubleshooting experience.
- 4 to 5 years working with customers through the Help Desk and direct customer contact.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to compromise.
- Must be willing to fully document trouble tickets from inception through closure.
- Must be proficient in supporting Windows 7, and XP.
- Some Mac OS support desirable.
- Experience with Enterprise Incident Management Systems, such as Remedy, experience with Service Now a plus.
- Any experience with Microsoft SCCM a plus.
- Good oral and written communications a must.
- Ability to work within one or multiple teams.
- Ability to multi-task.
- A positive attitude.
Relevant Technical Certifications a plus, A+ or MCP preferred.
Our culture is focused on our Corporate Values --People, Customer Success, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, Openness, Social Responsibility and Sustained Profitability. Join a worldwide team of talented, collaborative, innovative people who thrive in a work environment where people can share knowledge and learn from one another. You won’t find a more exciting place to build your career and challenge yourself. Accept the challenge and Go where innovation leads…Join Seagate. Apply now! Seagate is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Seagate - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Imagine a work environment where your talent, abilities, skills and ideas are supported, taking you to incredible heights. The factors...