To serve as a lead QA representive with manufacturing, technical services and engineering/maintenance to ensure food safety standards and quality specifications are met.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Oversees and coordinates the daily activities of the Laboratory Technicians, Lab Operators, in cooperation with all of the Quality Assurance Supervisors and under limited direction of the QA Manager. Acts as a back up to QA Manager.
- Provide input and monitor effectiveness of the Net Content, Sensory, Microbiology, Pathogen Monitoring, and other programs including guidance and training to factory associates.
- Provide training and technical support for quality issues that require product retention, root cause analysis, and correction/corrective action.
- Write SOPs and QMS standards to support existing and new procedures and processes.
- Monitor all processes and procedures to ensure effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all raw materials and finished products meet all specifications using the Positive Release and COS systems. Ensure that products are released in a timely manner
- Investigate consumer complaints, determine root cause, develop corrective actions and monitor for effectiveness.
- Attend daily and weekly performance review meetings to drive continuous improvement.
- Audit all areas of the facility for NQS and GMP compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BS in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, or any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Employee will follow all quality, safety and environmental requirements.
3-5 years technical experience in a manufacturing quality area within the food industry is preferred.
SAP, Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Access – proficiency at intermediate to advance level
Administrative: Work efficiently; Establish plans; Develop systems and processes; Manage execution
Communication: Speak effectively; Foster open communication
Interpersonal: Build relationships; Value Diversity
Leadership: Coach and develop others; Provide direction; Lead courageously
Motivation: Drive for results; Show work commitment, self directed
Self-Management: Act with integrity; Demonstrate adaptability; Develop oneself; Maintain positive
Thinking: Think strategically; Analyze issues; Use sound judgment; Innovative
Nestle USA - 18 months ago
Nestlé is the world's largest food and nutrition company. Founded and headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland, Nestlé originated...