This position is responsible for providing oversight and coordination of turnaround activities to ensure that they are completed safely, on time and under budget. This job is responsible to act as the primary interface for Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering with regards to the successful completion of turnaround objectives. This position also has primary accountability for ensuring the safety and efficiency of these service personnel while on site. Additional responsibilities include the management of an expense project portfolio of capital upgrades and equipment replacements.
Where your talent makes an impact.
- Supervise the development, implementation, coordination and monitoring of scheduled turnaround plans to insure mechanical requirements and operational objectives are being met while utilizing all resources in the most timely and cost effective manner possible.
- Acts as a champion of the turnaround execution work process in support of the business goals and safe, quality, reliable and competitive maintenance services.
- Assures and optimizes turnaround execution practices and procedures to achieve cost-effective results, including efficient scheduling of resources, proper training and performance of craft personnel, and high-quality execution of work with a focus on safety and reliability.
- Leads execution of planned and unplanned unit shutdowns including job plans and critical path schedule development, and tracking and closeout activities.
- Performs regular review of execution quality and efficiency.
- Assists in the development of the turnaround budgets, and in controlling spending through appropriate tracking, forecasting, and adjustments.
- Supports the use of high-quality Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) along with other input to drive performance and implementation of improvements as appropriate.
- Communicates with the Facility Managers and Shift Supervisors to clarify work priorities and clearly communicate the status of the turnaround.
- Coordinates with prime outside contractors to specify requirements by craft, manpower and heavy equipment needs; coordinates with materials and contract supply specialist on written contract needs.
- Monitors field progress and updates or develop new work schedules.
- Works with operations, maintenance, inspection, and other departments as required to assemble an approved work scope.
- Maintains proper continual coordination of contractor activities.
- Insures proper completion of inspections and implementation of all environmental, safety and security requirements.
- Provides scope, project estimates, and execution management of working budget capital projects that involve replacement and/or upgrade of existing plant and equipment.
Praxair is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
1. Bachelor's degree in engineering is required (preferably mechanical or electrical) with minimum 5 years relevant experience in plant engineering, turnaround execution, and reliability activities, and must have demonstrated strong leadership capabilities.
2. Key skills include communication, interpersonal relationships, facilitation, influencing, and negotiating.
3. Successful candidate must be able to develop others and foster diverse relationships throughout the organization.
4. Must have a detailed understanding of equipment and overall plant manufacturing processes.
5. Requires familiarity with environmental, safety, and health procedures and issues.
6. Must have understanding of mechanical and instrument equipment and their maintenance, mechanical integrity, and the inspection process.
7. Requires familiarity with turnaround work processes and best practices.
8. Must be able to manage multiple priorities, drive issues to completion, and obtain results.
9. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Number of Openings
N American Industrial Gas
Praxair - 9 months ago
Praxair makes lighter than air and heavier than air gases available for practical applications. The largest North American industrial gas...