This position is NOT rotational, the position requires that the employee live in Valdez, Alaska or the immediate area to accommodate a 5-day work week.
Under the supervision of Lead Janitor, the employee is responsible for performing janitorial duties for office buildings and related areas.
- Valid Alaska driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Ability to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products and understanding of MSDSs
- Six months or more related experience
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, scrub and apply finishes on various flooring materials and stairs as directed
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms, showers and locker rooms; including all fixtures and furniture
- Clean break rooms; including sinks, countertops, microwaves, coffee makers, refrigerators, tables and chairs
- Restock supplies in bathrooms, break rooms, and common areas
- Empty all trashcans and replace liners; clean receptacles as necessary
- Dust and clean office desks, windowsills and windows
- Maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner
- Ensure proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals
- Drive to and from various worksite locations
- Collect recyclables and transport as directed
- Willingness to perform others duties as required
- Willingness to work at various locations as required
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Commitment to Excellence : Identifies what needs to be completed and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
- Corporate Values : Understand, embraces, and integrates DUS corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
- Safety and Security : Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
- Customer Service : Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
- Teamwork : Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside and outside the organization
- Dependability: Consistently adheres to operational standards, ensures smooth operations and positive customer experiences, builds a productive workplace, is reliable and improves team morale
- Independence: Works with little or no supervision
- Time Management: Manages time effectively when accomplishing tasks, projects, and goals
Full time regular employees have the opportunity to enroll in health insurance (medical/dental/vision), life insurance, 401k Retirement Plan and short term disability through AFLAC. Full-time regular employees are provided access to our employee assistance program.
The majority of work is performed in a semi-remote environment with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities.
The employee’s work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds.
It is DUS’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon grants preference to Doyon Shareholders and shareholders of other corporations that grant a similar preference to Doyon shareholders, such as Alaska Native Corporations. The preference applies in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training. A preference will be granted to qualified Doyon shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other corporations which grant a similar reciprocal preference to Doyon shareholders, such as Alaska Native Corporations.
Doyon Government Group - 15 months ago