The Student Account Representative monitors student accounts and takes appropriate measures to ensure timely collections of student receivables, reviews and explains funding options with current and prospective students, and assists students with the registration process and account inquiries.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Reviews and inputs third party contract authorization documentation to ensure all information is complete for billing purposes.
• Ensures accuracy and completeness of student payment plans.
• Assists students electing to use financial aid with the appropriate application process and conducts on-going follow-up with students and/or Corporate’s Student Financial Services to resolve issues which could result in disbursement delays.
• Acts as a point of contact to handle student account inquiries and follows-up with all received emails and voicemails within two business days.
• Oversees file organization and data base maintenance.
• Processes student payments received at the campus and assist with the daily reconciliation process.
• Monitors student accounts and communicates with students to resolve outstanding balances.
• Timely assistance and completion of student registrations in compliance with established University policy.
• Monitors policy compliance in accordance with Strayer University, State, and Federal rules and regulations.
• Ensures that the University’s established Mission and Standards of Ethical Conduct are fully upheld.
• An Associate’s degree in Business or Accounting or related field is required. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Two years of business experience (bookkeeping/data entry/collections) is required.
• Must be committed to providing a high-level of customer service and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• Possess the ability to work independently and be detail-oriented.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively perform in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, collections, and financial aid processes.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
If you are seeking a growing organization where you can use your talents to help others achieve their goals, join Strayer University. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including a 90% tuition discount and significant career growth opportunities.
Strayer University makes it possible to go back to school while holding down a job. Focusing on providing higher education programs for...