Coordinates activities of personnel at assigned base, reports to the Director of Base Operations and collaborates with the Aviation Division and Membership program. Duties include administrating the financial, marketing, growth and business aspects for the assigned base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management/leadership experience
- Committed to safety and delivery of standards in patient care
- Permanent residence within 70 miles of base location
- Valid drivers license
1. Coordinates daily activities of the Nurse, Paramedic, Mechanic, Pilot and Membership Manager.
2. Supervises Nurses, Paramedics and Membership Manager.
- Assures proper coverage for all shifts.
- Reviews payroll for accuracy and assures submission to payroll.
- Receives feedback of flight problems/issues; resolves problems/issues and/or refers to appropriate person for resolution.
- Recommends and implements changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of base performance.
3. Collaborates with the Aviation Managers to help plan the daily activities of pilots and mechanics.
- Delegates assignments and holds employees accountable for work completion
- Is accountable for medical crew licensure, certifications, clinical requirement, OSHA training and TB testing to assure compliance and staffing needs.
- Interviews candidates and hires staff (hires membership manager with consent of Regional Membership Manager).
- Assists in completion of new employee orientation.
- Prepares annual employee evaluations.
- Carries out disciplinary action with input from Director of Base Operations.
- Functions as a resource for dissemination of new information and problem resolution
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
4. Develops, implements, and manages an aggressive marketing program aimed at all users of emergency services.
- Participates in interview process for selection of pilots and mechanics to be assigned to the base.
- Serves as a second level appraiser for evaluations of pilots and mechanics along with regional Pilot and Maintenance Managers.
- Reviews payroll for accuracy and submits to appropriate Regional Aviation Manager.
- Collaborates with Regional Aviation Manager for issues concerning operational control of aviation assets or aviation personnel.
5. Responsible for local marketing and relationship building with each customer agency.
6. Assures proper use, maintenance, and repair of medical equipment and supplies. Participates in the evaluation of new equipment/supplies. Oversees inventory and supplies.
8. Oversees establishment, maintenance, and organization for crew quarters.
9. Attends local, regional and state EMS/hospital/advisory committee meetings. Is a member of a least one civic organization in the community that the base is located in.
10. Runs monthly staff meetings at assigned base to include posting an agenda, typing minutes, and assuring delivery of minutes to all crew members.
11. Collaborates with the Director of Communications on operations center issues.
12. Collaborates with Membership Manager and Public Relations Department to plan and implement Air Evac Lifeteam program and service awareness.
13. Collaborates with Regional Membership manager for success of Membership Program in target area.
14. Responsible for maintaining contact with and providing updates to community agencies, support groups, committees, and other health care providers.
15. Ensures that Base Staff submit all current credentials required for base licensure and job requirements.
16. Ensures crew members receive appropriate medical attention and follow-up work-related injuries and exposures using occupational health provider, submits detailed reports to Director of Clinical Care.
Air Evac Offers:
- 401(k) Match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Vision Plan
- EAP Program