Validates new Product Development products supporting the Health PAS enterprise. Manages the Product Development quality assurance and testing team while providing strategic vision to create and execute best practices for product design verification and validation. Provides leadership and direction for testing of product releases including defining the test strategy and preparing test plans/procedures from system requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages the activities of the Product Development QA & testing team and oversees overall team performance (including offshore). Tracks and reports team hours.
• Participates in all phases of the project life-cycle, including requirements analysis, project and test planning, test execution, and test reporting and assessment.
• Improves development practices to raise quality such as providing automated code testing tools, test harnesses, and code reviews.
• Defines and/or designs the required software testing tools and procedures for new and internally development software products.
• Manages the execution of functional validation tests and collection of metrics to generate test data, test logs and associated test reports/summaries to assure product design adequacy and standards conformance (e.g., browser compatibility, accessibility, security, functionality).
• Identifies, documents and reports problems, and communicates anomalies to developers and upper management via clear problem reports in an established defect/issue tracking system.
• Works with the HealthPAS delivery and site testing teams to assist with the preparation and execution of site-specific test plans and the testing of software to customer guidelines and standards. Familiar with various industry testing standards and certifications, and drives efforts to bring Health PAS products into conformance with such standards.
• Collaborates with sites on determining appropriate levels of testing to support roll-out to multiple customer environments.
• Assists business development team as needed on proposals and technical calls related to internal product QA.
• Identifies product defects and coordinates with the technical support and development teams for resolution. Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Responsible for test tools development and internal configuration management activities.
• Minimizes Molina exposure and risk on implementation projects.
• Provides management leadership and guidance to the Product Development QA & test team. Manages product testing budget.
• Mentor testers with demonstrated initiative to meet project objectives and timelines.
• Ensures the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
• Tracks and reports team hours. Manages staffing levels and support coverage. Refines Product Development QA and testing policies and procedures.
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively. Holds regular status meetings with Product Development testing, support, and development teams. Keeps the test team well informed of changes within the Molina organization and general corporate news.
• Effectively communicates support and work plan-related information to superiors.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong QA and testing industry knowledge
• In depth software quality assurance knowledge including proven management, supervisory, or leadership experience
• Working knowledge of bug/defect tracking and software
• Ability to work to agreed deadlines and to coordinate people to complete tasks (including offshore).
• Ability to work within a matrix-style structure
• Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming and system design
• Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures
• Possesses a thorough understanding of Health PAS capabilities
• Ability to be self-motivated and takes initiative to identify, communicate, and resolve potential issues
• Excellent problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
• Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5 years of equivalent QA, test or project management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3 - 5 years of managing test teams.
• 3 - 5 years expertise with software quality assurance/system test principles.
• Budget, resource and software release management experience.
• Health care industry experience.
• Test automation experience.
• Experience implementing test data harnesses.
• Software development background
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online. Be sure to let us know you are a current employee by selecting “Molina Employee (current) in the source section of the online application.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package.
Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Navigating the murky waters of federal health care plans is no easy feat, but Molina Healthcare's mission is to help Medicaid and...