Must be a BSN-level registered nurse and hold a current unrestricted nursing license in the state of employment and hold a valid CPR card. A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive administrative/management experience in a healthcare setting, with 1 year experience in correctional healthcare preferred. Must possess strong written communication, verbal skills, and computer skills.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Vice President of Operations and the Vice President of Operations, the Health Services Administrator (HSA) is responsible for ensuring that company goals and objectives are achieved in their assigned service delivery area, leading directing, managing, evaluating operations to ensure that contractual obligations and client expectations are met, and assuring all operations are in compliance with contract requirements, NCCHC, ACA, and professional nursing standards. Corporate travel may be required several times per year.
- Maintains overall administrative responsibility within the facility.
- Reviews and analyzes budgeting and financial reports for the facility and develops corrective action plan as needed. Provides insight behind the numbers, assist direct reports with understanding budgeting planning and forecasting consistent with the contract financial plan.
- Utilize appropriate resources to resolve routine medical and clinical issues and performance improvement processes. Coaches and educates staff on gathering data and analysis of data, and implements corrective action and processes that ensures contract compliance.
- Understands and ensures that all areas adhere to all contract terms, conditions, and requirements. Provides feedback and plan to the client regarding any performance issues or variances. Review Dashboards daily to ensure all clinical needs are being met within the facility.
- Identify and proactively communicate potential labor management issues and use appropriate resources to address labor management problems. Coach and direct reports on how to use labor management tools, and how to interpret data to provide resolution or maintain staffing consistent with contractual obligations.
- Supervise and coach managers by developing goals that will prepare managers for succession planning and assist staff members in attaining those goals. Provide constructive and timely feedback to help staff obtain professional goals. Ensure all annual performance evaluations are conducted and completed.
- Responsible for ensuring staff are educated on contract terms and obligations, and that compliance with all company policies and procedures is maintained.
- Direct recruiting strategy, assist with recruiting efforts, and demonstrate proficiency in assessing and selecting high performing managers with skills that would fit within the corrections environment.
- Complete reporting tasks as assigned by company policies and procedures, ensure that direct reports follow reporting requirements, submit all reports within the timeframe allowed, and ensure that all information is accurate and accountable.
- Use all functions and applications of TechCareTM relevant to the position with no supervision, and ensures that all staff is trained and uses the TechCare system in accordance to Company Policies and Procedures.
- Use all functions and applications of ADP eTime and SchedulerTM relevant to the position with no supervision, ensure that all staff is trained and using the Time Stamp function in accordance with policy and procedure; and ensure that all staffing schedules are maintained within the ADP system.
- Proactively take action to solve problems and use objectivity and insightfulness when approaching problems, meet established goals, and take responsibility for results and outcomes.
- Fundamentally understand the organizational structure and how to appropriately access resources. Use business knowledge and acumen to influence others. Communicate NaphCare’s organizational vision, strategy, and objectives within own team.
- Demonstrate professionalism by using objectivity, maintaining self-control when under pressure, separating professional from personal issues, displaying emotional maturity, maintaining a high degree of integrity, and promoting a positive work environment by setting an example.
- Build productive working relationships with supervisors, security staff, healthcare staff, patients, vendors, and clients. Establish and maintain professional relationships where you will be viewed by others as trusted and respectful.
- Seek mentors for coaching and counseling to support professional growth. Achieve established goals, communicate barriers in accomplishing goals, and seek assistance and additional resources when needed to meet goal expectations.
- Promote team building versus atmosphere of competition, recognizing individual and team accomplishments. Encourage members to share ideas and participate in discussions and decisions. Promote team approach with client and vendors, and ensure that this approach is implemented with all levels of staff.
- Complete at least 12 hours of CEU pertinent to correctional health care per year.
- Maintain a web of influence, make visits at least monthly, and maintain open communication with clients.
- Coordinate disaster plans and emergency preparation. Adhere to and enforce all safety and security policies and procedures and participate in all applicable safety/emergency drills.
- Notify critical information to the next level of management that may have a negative impact on client and/or vendor relations or patient care.
- Coordinate all monthly, quarterly, and annual meetings in compliance with company policies and procedures.
NaphCare, Inc. is uniquely qualified as a correctional healthcare partner, having provided a wide range of services since 1989. Our...