This position will serve as the primary technical resource in the chemistry lab for the assigned shift. While working closely with lab management, ensures that the lab is meeting the demands of the business by coordinating and performing testing, providing training of lab staff, reviewing documentation for compliance, and performing other duties as assigned by lab management. May also assist lab management in the completion performance reviews. This position is expected to serve as a leader in the lab while also performing a productive role in regards to testing responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a primary technical resource for the chemistry lab.
- Coordinates daily work schedules as well as performs analytical tests on raw materials, in-process samples, finished products, and stabilities.
- Validates lab methods.
- Reviews all lab reports and releases results of tests specifications.
- Maintains lab systems such as laboratory equipment assurance programs and all inventories, to include ordering supplies.
- Supervises lab staff on assigned shift.
- Through strong trouble shooting skills, assists chemistry lab staff in problem solving, on both wet and instrumental assays.
- Enforces safety within laboratory.
- Assists analytical lab supervisor and / or manager in scheduling, technical development, training, performance evaluations, and other miscellaneous projects.
- Assist in reviewing and recommending updates to SOP’s and testing methods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Chemistry or related laboratory science required.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional or industry related lab experience. Due to this position being a senior level lead position it is required that the 3 years of experience be outside of any lab experience or internships acquired through the completion of a degree program.
- 1 year previous leadership experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Masters degree in Chemistry.
- Five or more years of lab experience within a cGMP regulated industry.
- Experience in pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, or similar industry.
- Previous Lead experience within a Chemistry Lab.
- Must have excellent writing, communication, and math skills.
- Must be proficient in HPLC, UV-VIS, and wet methods.
- GC, CE, ICP, and IR experience desired.
- Should be familiar with USP/NF and FCC test procedures.
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Must be able to supervise lab staff on assigned shift, or as needed on other shifts as directed by lab management, to ensure required testing is completed within the allotted timeframes.
- Lab Environment.
- Appropriate PPE required.
GNC - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
What's good for the GNC customer is great for the company's bottom line. GNC Holdings operates the world's leading...