As a Senior IT Project Manager, the prospective candidate will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific IT projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Creates and executes complex, multi-faceted project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet the changing needs of the project. Identifies resource needs and assigns individual responsibilities to members of the project team.
Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the projects. Assists in the development of project requirements and limits scope change.
Effectively applies the Omnicare project delivery methodology and enforces project standards.
Minimizes exposure and risk to the project and leverages effective communication and escalation skills in the mitigation of risks and issues.
Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
Manages project budget.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Lead the planning and implementation of project
• Facilitate the definition of project requirements, scope, goals and deliverables
• Define project tasks and resource requirements
• Develop full scale project plans
• Assemble and coordinate project staff
• Manage project budget
• Manage project resource allocation
• Plan and schedule project timelines
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
• Provide direction and support to project team
• Quality assurance
• Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
• Project evaluations and assessment of results
Education and Experience:
• Current PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification Preferred
• Qualification in project management or equivalent
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
• Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
• Direct work experience in Infrastructure project management
• Proven experience in people management
• Proven experience in strategic planning
• Proven experience in risk management
• Proven experience in change management
• Proficient in project management software (specifically – Microsoft Project Professional, Project Server, Team Foundation Server and SharePoint)
Omnicare, Inc - 10 months ago