The sr. developer designs and/or develops complex systems by understanding and evaluating challenging business problems and how they relate to the overall technical architecture of Verizon Wireless(dot.com). It is equally important that this position develop a detailed understanding of user needs. He/She will work with users to define system requirements and create resolution. Regularly leads small to medium size projects and provides guidance to staff members,
The incumbent works as a team member on large, highly complex technical/programming projects under minimal direction of senior staff and management. Regularly leads small to medium size projects and performs project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuration and scheduling activities. Develops solutions and makes decisions that impact projects and staff members. Performs analysis, writes program specifications and develops designs for medium to large size projects OR performs analysis, resolves problems and monitors to proactively prevent problems from occurring. Evaluates options for meeting user needs, and ensures that system requirements are identified, prioritized and incorporated in an effective, efficient manner. Troubleshoots complex development and production application problems and provides technical and production support on an on-call basis. Participates in career development of lower level employees.
The incumbent would be responsible to collects client requirements, performs analysis, writes program specifications and develops designs for medium size projects. He/she would perform some technical evaluation of products and would also be responsible for producing high quality deliverables in a timely fashion. Ensures systems implementations occur in accordance with established Change Control procedures.
He/she would proactively communicate status reports and issues to manager. Successfully completes all relevant technical and professional training programs in accordance with Performance Agreement goals and objectives.
The incumbent will be developing exciting new enhancements to our Business to Customer ecommerce application (www.verizonwireless.com).
- Very Strong Java / J2ee and spring framework are needed.
- Design and develop Java/J2EE enhancements to the verizonwireless.com website
- Perform Java/J2EE programming maintenance on the verizonwireless.com website
J2SE & J2ME – Multithreading, JNI, JCE, Log4J,Mobile Applications;
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information Systems and 5-7 years of information systems experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong Technical (e.g. , programming) and/or analytical skills
- PC literacy, including desktop applications competency (e.g., Microsoft Office, e-mail, etc.)
- Strong business knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of information systems concepts
- Strong knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated decision-making and leadership abilities
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years experience with Java/J2EE including hands on experience with jsp's, business objects, servlets, controllers, beans, forms and DAO's.
- A strong hands-on experience with SPRING framework is a must.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies will be a plus.
- Experience with Flash/Flex technologies will be a plus.
- Complete understanding of software development life cycle and quality control methodologies.
- Technology requirements:
- Knowledge of ATG eCommerce Solution and Endeca guided Search is a plus.
- Strong Object Oriented skills - OOA/OOD/OOP with strong design skills to take a look a problem with multiple perspective.
- Excellent troubleshooter with knowledge of troubleshooting tools, plug-ins.
- JEE (Java Enterprise Edition) - Servlets, JSP, Tag Libraries, Spring Struts, Hibernate, Spring, JDBC, EJB, JMS, JNDI, JavaMail, RMI;
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Working knowledge of UML tools
- Oracle database (RDBMS) and modeling, PLSQL, SQL Oracle/Weblogic application server experience with working experience in PL/SQL triggers, packages and procedures/functions.
- Protocols - HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, POP3, SMTP, FTP, TCP/IP, UDP, LDAP, SIP, SOAP;
- Servers - Apache, Tomcat, LDAP, WebLogic, WebSphere/MQ Series, JBoss, Siteminder,;
- OS – UNIX (Solaris), Windows;
- Tools – Eclipse, Ant, Maven, Accurev source control, VersionOne, JIRA;
- Project management tools – MS Project, MS (Power Point, Word, Excel) , Visio etc
- Ability to profile code, identify and solve performance/scalability issue is a plus.
- Client-side/Presentation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Verizon Wireless - 20 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...