Part-Time Out & About Instructor- This position will be 10-15 hours/week, working week nights and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Know, support and implement O&A’s mission in the context of both collaborative and independent work.
• Assist participants to access and utilize their community by transporting them safely and according to O&A schedules to community venues in O&A vehicles.
• Working in groups and independently with participants in the community, ensure participants receive services and supports that meet O&A’s quality standards in accordance with schedules, information sheets, and plans, including but not limited to providing positive instruction, assistance with personal hygiene, toileting, and meals. Engage in skilled interaction with participants who require therapeutic supports to replace aggressive or socially inappropriate behavior.
• Exercise good judgment and make responsible decisions with little direct supervision in the context of quality service delivery, health and safety requirements and O&A guidelines while out in the community
• Learn and consistently practice effective teaching skills. Be responsible for recognizing when a participant is not learning or successfully participating in groups or activities, and for communicating with other team members and seeking successful teaching strategies.
• Provide documentation after activities according to O&A guidelines, submit on time. Attend and update required and requested training and staff meetings
Job Qualifications Skill and Ability:
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to meet Imagine! driving requirements. Training & Education:
• High school diploma required. Experience:
• Experience working in the field of Developmental Disabilities is highly preferred. Working Environment/Physical Activities
• Ability to lift 50 pounds; this includes the ability to lift and transfer participants in public restrooms and locker rooms, including toileting, diaper changing, changing clothes, and health and activity related needs.
• Ability to push wheelchairs.
• Ability to drive a mini van and a large van with lift.
Pay starts at $11/hour.
Imagine - 2 years ago