Responsible for establishing and directing all warehouse functions including planning, directing and/or coordinating transportation, storage, distribution activities in accordance with company polices.
- Advise sales and finance departments of transportation charges for customer accounts.
- Arrange for necessary shipping documentation and contact customs officials to effect release of shipments.
- Arrange for storage facilities when required.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, and purchasing.
- Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
- Evaluate freight costs and the inventory costs associated with transit times to ensure that costs are appropriate.
- Examine invoices and shipping manifests for conformity tariff and customs regulations.
- Interview, select and train warehouse and supervisory personnel.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Negotiate with carriers, warehouse operators and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates.
- Participate in establishing transportation and service rates.
- Work with Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator to plan, develop and implement safety and security programs, guidelines and activities.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Manage stock items and work with Purchasing Department in replenishing low inventory items.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to command staff, strong character
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work and interact with all departments throughout the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate MS Excel skills, knowledge of timekeeping software, AS400 a plus.
- Effective multi-tasking abilities in a fast-paced environment
- Customer-focused attitude
- Experience working in a shipping/receiving function in a manufacturing facility
- Familiarity with OSHA rules and regulations. Safety-focused attitude.
- High School diploma required, with college degree preferred.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match and no waiting period to start participating.
- Paid Time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life/Disability insurance
- Our greatest benefit is the opportunity for growth! We promote from within and value continuous process improvements!
Interlake Mecalux, Inc. - 2 years ago