We are currently seeking a 2013 University Intern for the Junos Release Management Team in our Sunnyvale HQ campus. In this position, you will gain valuable hands-on experience understanding Junos (Juniper’s routing, switching, and security OS), and associated SW development, test, release management processes.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make a lasting, key contribution to Juniper’s Junos SW engineering community ( >2000 worldwide engineers) by developing and implementing an internal Junos information site.
- Facilitate and consolidate newly created and legacy content into a user friendly intranet site so that engineers have a “one-stop shop” for all Junos release-related processes, policies (examples, Continuous Development Model, SW bug fix commitment, branch management). Work closely with the Junos Release Management Team and with Business Unit engineering organizations who will provide subject matter expertise/technical content.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience working in a software product or technical web publishing environment
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Able to work well independently and with cross functional, geographically dispersed teams
- Solid understanding of web / intranet content publishing Html, collaboration, CMS, wiki applications such as Dreamweaver, Jive SBS, Sharepoint, TeamSite
- Desired familiarity with sw source control systems (Subversion/SVN), sw bug tracking systems (Gnats), Unix (FreeBSD) or Linux (Centos)
Junos is a reliable, high-performance network operating system for routing, switching, and security. It reduces the time necessary to deploy new services and decreases network operation costs by up to 41%. Junos offers secure programming interfaces and the Junos SDK for developing applications that can unlock more value from the network.
Junos is one system, designed to completely rethink the way the network works.
ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
- One operating system: Reduces time and effort to plan, deploy, and operate network infrastructure.
- One release train: Provides stable delivery of new functionality in a steady, time-tested cadence.
- One modular software architecture: Provides highly available and scalable software that keeps up with changing needs.
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world’s largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000+ colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision – Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it’s downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking – where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work—their life’s work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job - it’s an opportunity to help change the world...
Juniper Networks is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Juniper Networks - 21 months ago
Juniper Networks has blossomed in a landscape dominated by Cisco. The company designs and sells network infrastructure equipment used to...