The Authority is seeking a highly motivated Manager, Asset Management.
The Manager, Asset Management is responsible for planning, implementing, and coordinating the activities of the units as they interface with the department’s Asset Management Program. Responsible for the overall planning and supervision of subordinates and for inspections performed by subordinates on facilities and equipment throughout the Wastewater Treatment Plant. Responsible for maintaining accurate asset engineering, operational and maintenance records. Responsible for interfacing with the Chief Engineer to develop the most cost effective asset management program.
• Monitors, assesses and coordinates the activities of subordinates.
• Coordinates ongoing activities as they interface with operations, maintenance, operations, engineering, warehousing, and procurement personnel to ensure effective and economical use of materials and manpower.
• Establishes, maintains, and ensures that all information and data necessary to perform work are obtained on a timely basis.
• Participates in development work, along with other utility supervisors and chiefs through discussion of overall objectives.
• Reviews and modifies inspection reports, work orders, detailed records of services rendered, equipment history, cost studies, equipment evaluations, standard maintenance procedures and manpower schedules.
• Evaluates for correctness and/or implements changes in reports or reporting procedures as required.
• Oversees and is responsible for budgetary requests for equipment, supplies, and materials.
• Ensures the adherence to safety, care of equipment and conduct, rules, regulations and procedures.
• Monitors and evaluates the progress of the Division towards meeting goals and makes adjustments in objectives, work plans, schedules, and commitment of resources.
• Assists the Department Director with short and long term planning and goal development.
• Manages the Asset Management software system – Maximo. Responsible for the accuracy of asset records, including asset attributes, parts lists, and work plans.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned at the discretion of the Director, Wastewater Treatment Operations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and nine (9) years of progressive experience relating to the maintenance and upkeep of a wide variety of industrial and process related equipment, inclusive of five (5) years of supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Asset Management experience and experience as an administrator of the Maximo computerized maintenance management system.
• Knowledge of engineering and principles and management.
• Comprehensive knowledge in the maintenance of a wide variety of industrial process related equipment. Skill in computerized maintenance management systems.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Utilizes personal computer and maintains a working knowledge of applicable software programs (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, etc.).
• General office conditions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
DC Water distributes drinking water and collects and treats wastewater for more than 600,000 residential, commercial and governmental...