JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) is one of the oldest financial institutions in the United States. With a history dating back over 200 years, here's where we stand today:
We're doing our part to move the nation forward. Learn more about
- We are a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion.
- We operate in more than 60 countries.
- We have more than 240,000 employees.
- We serve millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
- We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
- Our stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
The Way Forward
The Enterprise Systems Reengineering Team
is focused on a large bank initiative called Enterprise Customer and Deposits Re-Engineering or ECD Re-Engineering.
As you peruse the various career opportunities available, you will not find an opportunity to work on a project like this one.
Unless, that is, you can find a project with ALL of the following characteristics:
1) Building a software system which handles transactions equivalent to the GDP of China and Japan COMBINED - PER DAY. (Over $12 trillion)
2) Building a software system which contains a customer base that on its own would be the 5
largest country by population in the world. (Over 180 million)
3) Encourages (expects!) you to contribute both technology and business ideas on how JPMorgan Chase should fundamentally operate as a bank. Don't like how your bank checking account works? Change it with this job!
4) Encourages (demands!) that you think creatively to build a core banking platform that is better for our customers, easier to support and modify, and leap frogs capabilities of all our competition.
5) Leverages open source technologies combined with lean/agile approaches to create a highly collaborative work environment to solve very difficult technical challenges.
Once this multi-year project is complete you will continue operating in the same environment with ownership over the systems you created, to modify, extend, and continue creating innovative capabilities.
The ideal candidate will:
1) Think big. Apply creative thinking to both the technology and the business approach to revolutionize how banks work.
2) Have great teamwork skills and value a collaborative environment - open to constructively challenging others and open to being challenged in a positive way.
3) Have pride in ownership - this system will have your name on it for future generations. YOU own it and YOU need to make the best decisions for its well being. You will also need to own commitments to deliverables to ensure timely delivery.
Effectively collaborate, communicate and work with Business and other technical teams on reengineering projects in order to create functional designs. Create and maintain business rules and parameters that will be incorporated into the reengineered application. Collaborate with the QA team to ensure that complete test plans are created covering all functionality. Work with line of business partners to understand and use reengineered user interfaces. Support all aspects of the development life cycle through implementation.
College degree, or specialized training or equivalent work experience
10+ years of experience business analysis experience required
Knowledge of a project development life cycle
Understanding of business process reengineering, business and decision modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
Excellent problem solving skills
Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional specifications
Experience with Microsoft products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
3+ years/intermediate knowledge of the deposits/banking applications a plus
Experience using Quality Center for setting up and tracking test scripts/defects a plus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
US-OH-Columbus-Polaris McCoy Center / 54101
Retail Financial Services
JPMorgan Chase - 12 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...