Find yourself among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, nurses deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. Nurses come here to practice at the leading edge of their profession, to be an integral part of medical breakthroughs, and to handle complex cases that community hospitals rarely if ever see. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Nursing Administrative Coordinator.
The Nurse Administrative Coordinator (NAC) is responsible for translating the goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the Hospital into action which include quality, fiscal and service results, and patient, customer and employee satisfaction. Supports these within the framework of the Hospital's mission, vision and values. Provides administrative and clinical leadership and management of personnel and resources to facilitate the provision of quality patient care across all departments throughout the hospital primarily during evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Provides data to Nursing Executive and Leadership to facilitate the provisions of quality care, resource utilization and needed support.
- Reports critical information regarding nursing, inter-departmental, and physician interactions and guest relation issues to the Nurse Manager or to the Director/Nursing Administrative Coordinator on the next shift.
- Facilitates the technical competency of others and participates in Department of Nursing competency fairs.
- Offers input for solutions to department initiatives, challenges, and problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Master's preferred.
- Current Kansas Registered Nurse license.
- 2 years supervisory/management experience Preferred.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 15 months ago