Design Engineer - Position: Product Engineer
Location: Exton, PA
Reports To: Global Product Engineer Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
1. Creates product designs and specifications in conjunction with Research and Development. Ensures new products are designed to meet customer expectations.
2. Analyze customer inputs and design product modifications to meet customer expectations.
3. Works with manufacturing and process engineering to ensure new products can fabricated reliably.
4. Interfaces with Purchasing and various suppliers to implement recommendations resulting in cost improvement and supplier diversification. Coordinates validation efforts for such projects.
5. Reviews and implements engineering changes to product drawings and material specifications.
6. Support the company s APQP Advanced Product Quality Planning process to maximize the success of developing and tracking a product or process through its development life cycle.
7. Provide product engineering and technical support for assigned product lines after transitioning to manufacturing. This includes drawing and raw material specification approvals.
8. May include quality, manufacturing and other areas of support for Exton operations.
9. Adheres to and is compliant with all State and Federal Safety and Environmental laws. Compliant with TS16949/AS9100 procedures and policies.
1. BS Engineering preferably Mechanical.
2. Preferably one 1 to three 3 years of experience in product engineering environment. Experience in automotive component design is a plus.
3. CAD experience is required. Experience in translation of 3D to 2D is a considerable plus.
4. Outstanding inter-personal skills and a demonstrated ability to work with all levels, departments and operations of the company.
5. Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
6. Ability to accept, understand and resolve conflict or disagreement.
7. Self directed and have a passion for results.
8. MS project experience preferred.
9. Ability to travel frequently.
10. Knowledge of a second language, Spanish, French, German, Japanese or Chinese is helpful.
1. Advanced Product Quality Planning APQP
2. Computer Aided Design CAD
3. Design Process Failure Mode Analysis DFMEA
4. Process Failure Mode Analysis FMEA
5. International Material Data Systems IMDS
6. Statistical Process Control SPC
7. Measurement Systems Analysis MSA
8. Product Testing Procedures
9. Raw Material Specifications
10. Product Drawings create / change / review
11. Product Management Request Procedure PMR - company specific
12. Product Concept System 089 company specific
sologig - 21 months ago
Kelly Services, Inc. (Kelly) is a global temporary staffing provider operating in 36 countries and territories throughout the world. The...