BCM Office of Information Technology (OIT) continues to be a leader in developing and cultivating new and emerging technologies and solutions to meet the demands of an extremely dynamic academic healthcare environment. As an IT leader, OIT is looking for talented and technically creative candidates to help lead us into a new era of solutions, including: Cloud (Hybrid, Private, & Public), Big Data, Social, & Mobile. We would like you to be a part of this nexus. Apply today!
The Senior Systems Engineer for Infrastructure Management & Automation has shared responsibility for the design, implementation and optimization of monitoring solutions and infrastructure automation within the BCM Office of Information Technology (OIT), with a primary responsibility for design and integration of technologies to automate and orchestrate the self-provisioning model for infrastructure services. This further includes process development, system implementation and configuration of solutions to support the infrastructure teams in the lifecycle model for infrastructure services consumed by OIT and other BCM departments; service catalog development and integration, server, network and storage automated provisioning, application and platform stack deployment, chargeback/showback, measured utilization and capacity management. As a member of the Core Infrastructure Team, you will be involved in IT infrastructure projects that will optimize current services as well as deploy and integrate new technologies for BCM, including solutions to support virtualization and future platform-as-a-service offerings. The Systems Engineer will contribute to the overall success of the Core Enterprise Team by providing recommendations and key insight into the technological path of OIT. The Systems Engineer should have in depth expertise with Cloud Management Platform products (e.g. VMware vCloud Automation, Cisco Cloupia, CloudStack), RedHat Linux, Windows Server OS, and server administration along with knowledge of automation and scripting tools in a complex technical environment.
- Function as a technical expert on infrastructure projects pertaining to the automation, monitoring, orchestration and provisioning of infrastructure-as-a-service and platform-as-a-service solutions supporting Windows and Linux based servers, software defined networking, and NAS/SAN based storage systems. This includes the development of the service request model through a service catalog, measured utilization, chargeback, and showback methodologies, capacity management, service level management and reporting solutions. Further includes process development, communication plans, and technology solutions to meet business requirements.
- Perform infrastructure service implementations, performance analysis and optimization, monitoring, problem resolution, upgrade planning and execution, and process creation and documentation
- Participate in cloud based services planning, design, and implementation; particularly in monitoring and management of systems that may live outside the organization, including third-party cloud service providers.
- Recommend, plan and optimize existing infrastructure services as needed.
- Ensure service availability & reliability of all infrastructure services.
- Ensure development and test environment exists for system configuration and operational management environment.
- Provide level II and level III technical support for OIT related to Microsoft Windows Server OS, RedHat Linux OS, SAN/NAS, virtualization platforms, system monitoring and systems management processes and technology solutions.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent technical work experience.
Minimum Job Experience
Required: 3+ years of applied experience in Windows server operating systems in an enterprise environment; VMware ESX/vSphere administration a plus.
- Required: 2+ years of applied experience with Linux based x86 platforms running RedHat and/or Ubuntu.
- Required: 2+ years of applied experience developing software scripts and implementing solutions for automation and orchestration of provisioning and resource allocation with server, networking, and storage environments.
- Preferred: Applied experience with vCloud director, vCloud automation solution sets and scripting programs leveraging VB, Perl.
Baylor College of Medicine is committed to being a national leader in advancing human health through the integration of patient care,...