Travelzoo’s IT team is looking for an innovative and forward-thinking team player who will contribute to infrastructure design efforts and provide ongoing support for the company's datacenter infrastructure. The Systems Administrator will work directly with the network, engineering, and systems administration teams to ensure the highest level of performance and availability of our public facing infrastructure. The position is full-time and based out of our Silicon Valley office.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provide a lead role in the day-to-day operations of a 24/7 high traffic web environment as well as assist and plan new build-outs and initiatives.
- Maintenance and configuration of servers and other equipment.
- Analysis and performance tuning of Linux and IIS server farms.
- Analysis and performance tuning of MySQL and MS SQL clusters.
- Analysis and performance tuning of centralized SAN infrastructures.
- Programming and automation of system processes, deployments and infrastructure management.
- Design, configure and report on server and systems monitoring, backups and utilization.
- General scripting, automation and troubleshooting of systems and web applications.
- Establishes/recommends policies on system use and services
- Aid in coordinating all incident response events from detection to final remediation.
- 5+ years Systems administration experience in a high-performance, high-availability Apache/Tomcat, and IIS web environment.
- Linux installation/administration experience
- Advanced working knowledge of PHP,DNS,SMTP, IIS6&7,SQL2008.
- Experience with VMware ESXi
- Light scripting knowledge.
- Experience supporting a high traffic website in a 24/7 environment
- Hands-on experience with full site deployments from the planning/design stages to full implementation
- Experience with server configuration automation tools and automating processes
- Experience supporting a fiber switched SAN environment, 3Par preferred
- Experience managing and supporting monitoring infrastructure (SCOM, Hobbit/Xymon, Solarwinds, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to effectively explain, describe, or convey ideas in individual or group situations.
- HP blade/chassis administration experience preferred
- Top salary.
- Excellent career advancement opportunities.
- Medical, dental and vision.
- 401(k) plan.
- Exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture.
- Ask about the Travelzoo Experience, a unique benefit for Travelzoo employees.
Travelzoo - 19 months ago
Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ: TZOO), is a global Internet media company and trusted publisher of travel, entertainment and local deals. Our team...