Systems Engineer/part time
United States-Missouri-Saint Louis
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
The Advanced GEOINT Systems Operating Unit is searching for a Systems Engineer with demonstrated ability to develop engineering artifacts (e.g., specifications, interface documents, design standards). Testing experience is also necessary in this position.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for planning and support of large-scale systems design projects through operations, performance, testing, manufacturing, cost and schedule, training and support, and/or system disposal. The successful candidate will ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of systems, and apply analytic and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues. The candidate will evaluates current systems, and works on complex problems where in-depth analysis of various factors is necessary to determine courses of action for system adoption or modification. The Systems Engineer will conduct open-systems architecture assessments, and assist/advise the government on technical design elements required to develop system acquisition specifications, designs, proofs-of-concept prototyping, and the development and evaluation of management information and decision support systems.
• Bachelor’s of Science Degree, with and 2 years of Systems Engineering experience. A technical degree (engineering, math, science or other technical discipline), or Systems Engineering Certificate (e.g., INCOSE, CISSP), or equivalent experience in a related field may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree. Technical degree, Certificate and/or equivalent experience must add to 4 years if substituting for Bachelor’s degree.
• Active current Top Secret/SCI level clearance.
• General knowledge of NGA and the Intelligence Community.
• Ability to conduct quality control checks without significant errors
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight.
• Familiar with MS Office Suite
• Superior oral and written communications skills to provide customer support.
• Ability to respond to crises objectively.
• Experience in resolving complex situations for operational mission critical systems.
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...