Mid to Senior Level , Full Time , - , Marketing & Advertising
Random House U.S.A , NEW YORK , New York ID: 229717
Reporting to the Vice President, Executive Director, Marketing, this position is responsible for bringing the Crown Illustrated group of publications, including titles from Clarkson Potter, Potter Style, Watson Guptill, AmPhoto Books and Potter Craft, to the largest possible readership through innovative consumer-facing marketing campaigns.
- Supervises Marketing Manager, two Marketing Associates and shared Marketing Assistant
- Works with Publisher to create and communicate shared goal for each title, as well as where that title fits into imprint’s strategic objectives
- Creates title-specific marketing campaigns for upcoming publications as well as titles currently in the marketplace
- Manages marketing strategies, plans and budgets in order to maximize revenue and profitability. Assigns resources based on business priorities and opportunities
- Works closely with editorial, marketing, publicity and sales to refine and implement campaigns
- Collaborates with authors to maximize campaign effectiveness (increasing digital profile, working closely to build author brand)
- Oversees category marketing efforts for many lifestyle categories within CPG
- Expands owned social media efforts such as The Recipe Club and Crafternews on behalf of CPG and RH Inc
- Orchestrates span planning process; Establishes and maintains annual budget for all titles.
About our company:
- 5-7 years minimum book publishing background with some previous management experience
- Love of and background in related categories of cooking, gardening, craft, photography and/or fine arts
- Fluency in key marketing concepts and tools including email, social media marketing, search, as well as traditional book marketing
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Random House, Inc. is the world's largest general trade book publisher. It is a division of Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA, one of the foremost media companies in the world.
Thank you for your interest in Random House. Random House is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit application to:
Please apply using our online application process.
Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA - 22 months ago